Saturday, February 16, 2013

Collider: Showrunner Greg Yaitanes Talks BANSHEE, What Drew Him to the Show, Telling the Story in 10 Episodes, the Freedom of Cable TV, and More

Collider
Showrunner Greg Yaitanes Talks BANSHEE, What Drew Him to the Show, Telling the Story in 10 Episodes, the Freedom of Cable TV, and More
Feb 16th 2013, 22:28

The Cinemax action series Banshee tells the story of Lucas Hood (Antony Starr), an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA.  It's the perfect cover for him to try to win back the love of his life (Ivana Milicevic) and hide out from the dangerous gangster (Ben Cross) that they both betrayed years earlier, while attempting not to get into too much more trouble. During this recent exclusive interview with Collider, showrunner/executive producer/director Greg Yaitanes talked about how he came to be a part of Banshee, what it was that drew him to the show, the challenge of having so much story to tell in 10 episodes, how liberating it is to work with the freedom of cable television, and having so many criminal elements to explore.  He also talked about always knowing that he's wanted this career, his meeting with Joel Silver when he was in his 20's, and his preference for digital over film.  Check out what he had to say after the jump.  Collider:  How did you come to this show? GREG YAITANES:  I would say that I was the show's stalker.  I executive produced the last four seasons of House, and as I was thinking about what I wanted to do next, I knew I wanted to work with HBO, who I'd never worked with, and I wanted to work with Alan Ball.  I did not imagine that both things would collide by working through HBO, through Cinemax, and working with Alan ...

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment