Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thompson on Hollywood: Ro*co Films Founder Annie Roney Talks to Sundance About Adapting to Changes in Documentary Distribution

Thompson on Hollywood
Thompson on Hollywood from IndieWire
Ro*co Films Founder Annie Roney Talks to Sundance About Adapting to Changes in Documentary Distribution
Mar 30th 2013, 10:40

Chris Dorr : You've been distributing documentary films for a number of years. How did you get into the distribution business and what led you to concentrate on documentaries? Annie Roney: I had a spiritual crisis when after a few post-college jobs, I was unfulfilled and disconnected from my core.  I took some time off to reflect on what I wanted out of my life and what made me tick.  My mom is a journalist and when I was a kid she produced a radio documentary series and hosted a weekly radio talk show on social issues.  I loved waiting in the news room for her to finish -- watching and waiting for the "On Air" sign to go off indicating I had my mom back.  While waiting, I marveled at the energy of the newsroom.  I really wanted to be a part of it -- to be on the frontlines of new and important information and to have a role in getting it out there.  I saw people at their desks taking calls and yelling information across the room -- I wanted to know...

Media files:
invisiblewar-blog480.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment