Friday, April 5, 2013

Bloody Disgusting: [BD Review] ‘Evil Dead’ Holds Up As A Thrillingly Gory Blast!!

Bloody Disgusting
Your #1 Source For All Things Horror
[BD Review] 'Evil Dead' Holds Up As A Thrillingly Gory Blast!!
Apr 5th 2013, 12:00

FilmDistrict and TriStar’s Evil Dead was officially released last night at 10PM, so I figure now is a good a time as any to re-post my review from last month’s SXSW Film Festival. I’ve seen the film once more since then, and my impression was largely the same – I pretty much loved it. It hits some snags in the first 30 minutes and some of the character beats are thin – but once it gets going it just flies. By then end of the last exhilarating hour I was so buzzed on the carnage I didn’t care about the flaws.

From my review, “It’s even gorier than you’re expecting. I seriously don’t have a clue as to how they wrangled an “R” rating here. Blood, pus, bone fragments, limbs and brains are flung around with playful abundance and the result is both punishing and exhilarating… This film doesn’t condemn its audience, it exalts it – and as a result it’s able to achieve a sustained symphony of carnage that energizes rather than exhausts.

Directed by Fede Alvarez, the R-rated remake stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Elizabeth Blackmore and Jessica Lucas.

Check out the entire review here And don’t forget to write YOUR review here! You’ve been waiting for so long – tell the world what you thought!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment