Friday, June 21, 2013

Collider: Megan Duffy Talks MANIAC, the Challenges of POV Format, Working with Practical Effects, Audience Reactions, and More

Collider
Megan Duffy Talks MANIAC, the Challenges of POV Format, Working with Practical Effects, Audience Reactions, and More
Jun 21st 2013, 17:03

In Maniac, Megan Duffy gives a standout performance as Lucie, a thoroughly modern gal looking for Mr.  Right-Now via online dating.  Unfortunately for Lucie she ends up on a date from hell with Frank (Elijah Wood), a mannequin store owner with some serious mommy issues and a fetish for women's scalps.  Directed by Frank Khalfoun (P2),Maniac is damn good film with engaging performances, stylish cinematography, nasty effects, and as any fan of Sin City can tell you, Elijah Wood can be one creepy sonofabitch when he wants to.  Maniac also stars Nora Arnezeder, Liane Balaban, America Olivo, and Jan Broberg, and so far it's the best horror film I've seen this year, so definitely give a look when it comes out on VOD on 6/21 or in theaters on 6/28. I recently landed an exclusive phone interview with Duffy.  We talked about how she got the part, the challenges of acting in a POV film, shooting such vulnerable scene, working with cinematographer Maxime Alexandre, audience reactions to the scalping scenes, and more.  Check out the full interview after the jump. Collider: How did you get involved in Maniac? MEGAN DUFFY: Pretty much like any other actor does [my agent] submitted me and casting picked me up to come in and read.  I went in and read and really didn't think much of it then I got brought back, then about a week after I went in and read for the director Frank Kalfoun I got a phone call asking me if I had read the script and if I was comfortable with nudity.  From there it was like every couple weeks we'd hear an update.  I ...

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment