Friday, June 28, 2013

The Playlist: Video Free Brooklyn Presents: "DVD Is The New Vinyl" Best of June Edition

Changes are afoot at Blogtrottr!
By popular request, we're bringing in paid plans with some cool new features (and more on the way). You can read all about it in our blog post.
The Playlist
The Playlist from IndieWire
Video Free Brooklyn Presents: "DVD Is The New Vinyl" Best of June Edition
Jun 28th 2013, 18:15, by Aaron Hillis

My appetite for finding and devouring new music is so voracious that I have to empty my hard drive annually just to make room for more MP3s, yet it wasn't until my wife bought me a turntable that I became one of those obsessive, fetishistic record collectors right out of "High Fidelity." Now entering my second year as proprietor of the boutique DVD and Blu-ray rental shop Video Free Brooklyn, I regularly compare the creative and business philosophies of my store to the very vinyl resurgence I've bought into, and I'm thankful for all the customers who share my passion for the analog experience of discovering treasures through in-person browsing and face-to-face discourse. Nothing beats the collective moviegoer excitement when the lights dim in a theater, but compared to cinema that's streamed, downloaded, or ordered with the click of a button? I'd rather get my kicks through what I can hold in my hot little hands. It's true that I have a vested interest in "home video," but...

Media files:
june-dvds.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment